How To Add Color to Your
Neutrals are fine for much of your wardrobe, but
color adds punch and fashion personality if you know how to use
Time Required: Varies
1. Start by holding different
color swatches up to your face to find flattering hues.
2. Assess your current wardrobe
to decide which colors coordinate best.
3. Narrow it down to two or
three new vivid colors.
4. If you choose an acceptable
color for makeup like rose or fuchsia, start by using the color
on your lips or nails.
5. Add a scarf in one of your
new bright colors.
6. Try a camisole in the new
color under a neutral jacket.
7. Substitute vibrant shoes for
your basic black ones.
8. Begin to use color to express
yourself: red for power, pink for flirting, black for chicness,
- Don't stray too far from your normal
style with color: if you're used to wearing beiges, fuchsia
will be too stark of a contrast.
- Don't pay too much attention to which
colors you should or shouldn't wear according to your hair,
skin an eye colors. Most of us have cosmetically altered our
natural colors anyway.
- Do put bright colors on or near your best
assets, because they draw attention.