How To Look Taller and
You don't have to wear black everyday to look
your sleekest. Try these simple figure flattering tips to
elongate your body.
Time Required: Varies
1. Opt for a monochromatic
2. Add contrast color or texture
with a blazer, cardigan or overshirt.
3. Leave the blazer or cardigan
unbuttoned for maximum vertical lines.
4. Any stripes on the garment
should be vertical.
5. Choose scarves tied loosely
with long, vertical dangling ends.
6. Match pantyhose hue to skirt
or pant and shoe color.
7. Avoid big belts, which can
cut you in half visually.
8. Use long necklaces or
pendants and avoid chokers.
9. Wear skirts that are longer
than they are wide.
10. Choose shoes with at least
an inch heel: the taller the better.
11. Elongate the neck with
- Monochromatic doesn't have to mean
boring. Mix textures to keep the look interesting (i.e.
knits with leather)
- If you are petite (5'3" or under) make
sure you scale everything down : smaller prints, pockets,
etc. so they don't overpower your figure.
- Don't make the mistake of going for all
long pieces. Go for contrasting proportions. Mix a longer
jacket with a shorter skirt, shorter jacket with pants, etc.